Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 22: Boppy Maternity Pillow Cover

This is post 3 of 3 for making the Boppy pillow covers.  This was the last pillow cover I made, and I decided after patchworking both sides of the baby pillow, I would do a solid color fabric on the back side of this pillow.

Christin gave me an old cover to use as a template, which really helped me with the sizing and zipper placement.


Here are the fun flower and bird fabrics I found, along with a couple other coordinating fabrics.


I again used my quilting skills to patchwork the front of the pillow cover, then laid the old cover over the patchworked area, traced and cut to be similar to the old cover.  I did cut about 2 extra inches over the area with the zipper to leave room to sew the zipper in.


I pinned the the old cover and the front to the back of the fabric (making sure the fabric was facing the correct way) and cut the back out.  Then I sewed in the zipper to the front and back before I sewed all the way around (with the fabric inside out).



Finally when I sewed the pieces together I was done and could easily put the pillow in the case and zipper shut.

A little blurry, but I chose a gray with sparkly gray dots for the back of the cover.


And here are some pictures of the front: 





Not too bad for not having a "real" pattern and dabbling with putting in a zipper!



No comments:

Post a Comment