Sunday, March 30, 2014

Week 12a: Baby Girl Pacifier Clips

This week I wanted to make some fun pacifier clips for my friend Lisa's baby girl due this spring.  I started by buying some pacifiers she included on her baby registry and got to it!

Instead of using ribbon to make the clips as I described in my Week 6 post, I wanted to use up some of my fabric scraps so I made the clips using fabric.  It was nice because I already had the ironing board fasteners (aka clips I'm using) and the thin elastic.  So this didn't require any trips to the craft store :) Also, when I dug through my fabric it forced me to take all scraps out of and re-organize my tupperware bins full of fabric scraps.

I cut the fabrics in varying lengths and sewed a 1/4 seam allowance to each of the ends.  Then I folded the fabric in half and sewed the fabric together so the "right side" of the fabric was facing each other, and sewed one of the ends together.  I cut the extra fabric off and used a safety pin and a pen to get the fabric tube turned the "right way", then ironed flat so the seam was in the back.  I cut the elastic to a desired length and inserted in into the "open" part of the fabric tube, then sewed the tube shut.   You can find other instructions I loosely followed here and here.

Four might have been a little much, but I thought the more the better :)   And now the baby won't lose her pacifier in the car or at day care!






No comments:

Post a Comment